Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I don't have one pic - but it was the best day.

Last Saturday was a great day.  One to remember.  Roger was home, working around the house and barnyard, running errands for me.  Treyson, Tagg and Thatcher came over from about 9 am to 3pm.  We put on Christmas movies, Christmas music, decorated the Christmas tree, baked and frosted sugar cookies, made peppermint candycane/white chocolate suckers.  Everyone got along, was happy, and the magic of Christmas was in the air.  After they went home, Payson and Brightyn came up and were here from about 4 pm to 9pm while their parents worked on a project at the shop.  We continued on with the fun times.  We made frozen raspberry jam, ate cookies, watched the same Christmas movies (Snow buddies, Polar Express), finished decorating the Christmas tree, and also made little sock ornaments for them to take home to hang on their tree.  I have an eclectic assortment of ornaments that I've collected over the years.  Each year as the grandkids put them on the tree, they comment on the different ones.  I have ones with my kids pictures from years gone by.  The grandkids love to see their parents as little kids.  Payson wanted some "sock" ornaments with HIS picture, so I thought, "Why not?"  It only took about an hour, a little hot glue, some ribbon, and fabric (which I had), and a cut up cereal box.  Then we searched for some pics, and voila !  I need to get some actual Christmas fabric, and make all of the grandkids some, and some to add to my tree next year.  Seriously I need a bigger tree for all of the ornaments I've collected.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...