Thursday, February 12, 2015

Crossfit

Well, I'm enjoying Crossfit.   It is a combination of dread and looking forward to going.  Strangest thing !  Tonight we did a workout called "Angie"  100 pullups, 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 air squats.   We broke them up how we wanted.  See Zac and Stan?  They did 100 of each, right down the line.  Me?  I did 10 of each, and tried to get 10 rounds in.  I made it part way through Round 9 (in the 25 minute cut-off time).  I was the only one left working......felt kind of dumb, but everyone was really encouraging, so it was okay.    Then we got on the rowers and had to bust out 500 meters.  It took me 3 minutes and 13 seconds.  Actually faster than I thought I would be.

*I should clarify - I did everything except the air squats "scaled", which means I certainly didn't do ACTUAL pullups (like Kaley and Jenni are doing (see picture, two women on the far right bars).  I'm there in the middle, with my back to the camera THANK THE GOOD LORD, doing MY VERSION of a pull-up.  I did pushups the same way, and my situps......I can't get all the way up....oh well.....

I've been going a month now, and I'm planning on signing up again.  Hopefully I am getting stronger.  I think I am, and it is helping my back to feel better also.  It is pretty intimidating, but Landon and Kacey were right, it becomes addicting ! And, it is fun to be there with a group of people, it is motivating - a sense of community.

I usually go at 6pm on Mondays and Wednesdays, and 6:30 am on Fridays, and 8am on Saturdays.  Come and try it out !  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...