Since we have returned home (and said, "There's no place like home") we have both commented several times how great it was.
What an adventure !
One word for Tuesday - HOT
Wednesday - HURT (my feet)
Thursday - TIRED (me - I'm probably the only person in the history of San Diego Zoo, that fell asleep on the bus tour)
Friday - LONG
Now by looking at the words above, you might think that it wasn't fun - WRONG !!
It was all of the above PLUS the following.........
FUN, EXCITING, SCARY, ENJOYABLE, SMILES SMILES SMILES, EMOTIONAL, WONDEROUS, SPECIAL.......
|Mr. Patient :)|
Treyson - I can't get over how grown-up he is. He was patient, very attune to everyone's moods, careful, such an attention to detail (what a PLANNER - he needed to know what was going on, and with who, and who was sitting where, and with whom.....) sharing, giving, and HUNGRY !! Oh boy, if I had a dime for everytime that boy asked for something to eat !! After all, he's growing !! LOVE HIM SO MUCH !
|Here he is - delivering Tinkerbell's message to Pan|
Tagg - At the most wonderous age for meeting the characters. Oh, he was so INTO it ! I just can't explain it, IT WAS REAL for him, TOTALLY. And his desire to earn his WILDERNESS EXPLORER Badge? WOW. And he is totally FEARLESS on the scary rides, such as California Screamin' (roller coaster) and Space Mountain (Ghost Galaxy for Halloween). Now I do have to say, Hollywood Tower of Terror was a little bit much for him the first time, but he was a trooper, and went again and LOVED it !! LOVE HIM SO MUCH !
Thatcher - Seeing him with the different characters was MAGICAL. There were no words sometimes, and it brought a tear to my eye. He met Lightning McQueen, and right after as we were leaving, he decided he wanted to SHOW him his Lightning McQueen sippy cup. He was ADAMENT!! And they were so accomodating........they let him come back, taking all the time he needed, just to show his IDOL that he had "HIS" cup. Then later at TURTLE TALK with CRUSH (from Finding Nemo) - OMHeck......they again brought him back, for his own special little "talk" with CRUSH.
Both CJ and I were in AWE about how sweet and accomodating the cast members were. You would think being 2 1/2 that he would have temper tantrums and meltdowns quite a bit, but this boy was LONG SUFFERING..........seriously. What a trooper, and only when he was going on 12 hours + (during the day) with no nap, did he get cranky. LOVE HIM SO MUCH !!
Totally - hands down my very favorite place was RADIATOR SPRINGS - a replica (to every detail) of the town in CARS, LOVED LOVED LOVED it !!.
We spent the evening here (our last evening), and ate at Flo's cafe, and I could just sit there and take it all in - the atmosphere was magical. Then a Blue Neon Flashing Beat Bopping car named "DJ" came out, to the intersection right where we were sitting, and all of a sudden "FLO" and her friends came out, and there was dancing in the street, and the kids got out there and totally were into it !! CJ has a video, and she sent it to me, and I've done everything I can think of to get it to play on my computer, and upload it to my You Tube channel, but with no success. It was something else !!
We were sitting there, and I asked CJ, "Shouldn't they be turning the Neon lights on soon", as it was getting dusk........within a few minutes, a song started playing over the speakers, and CJ started smiling ear to ear, and she said WATCH - and sure enough, the lights came on one by one. CJ said the music was the same as the one in the movie CARS, when the town gets fixed up. Read below:
Get your kicks in Radiator Springs
- The re-creation of Radiator Springs captures the authentic feel of Route 66 with three-dimensional versions of familiar landmarks from the film, including Cadillac Mountain Range in Ornament Valley, Luigi’s Casa Della Tires and Flo’s V8 Café.
- Only in Radiator Springs do guests learn dance moves like the Overdrive, the Reverse and the Hairpin Turn, all part of the fun at “DJ’s Dance and Drive,” one element of the Route 66 entertainment. DJ spins auto favorites such as “Life in the Fast Lane” and “Car Wash.”
- When night falls in Radiator Springs, 16 neon signs in bright, luminous colors light the way along Route 66.
- Signs help tell the story in Radiator Springs, adding humor and life to the town’s four-wheeled residents.
- The “car-acters” of Cars Land welcome guests at three new attractions: Radiator Springs Racers, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi’s Flying Tires.
- The historic Route 66 runs 2,448 miles from Chicago to Los Angeles. Route 66 in Cars Land is approximately 525 feet long and 23 feet wide, rich with inspiration from the actual American highway.
- Cars Land also treats guests to food and merchandise locations inspired by the Radiator Springs landmarks in the film: Flo’s V8 Café, Fillmore’s Taste-In, Cozy Cone Motel, Radiator Springs Curios, Sarge’s Surplus Hut and Ramone’s House of Body Art.
Some of the other fun rides I really liked were
Disneyland: Pirates of the Caribbean (of course) - they have added Jack Sparrow since I last was there. Splash Mountain (especially when you can run to the front of the line before it gets crowded), Indiana Jones (of course). Riding the Autopia with Thatcher.
He drove all by himself - so cute, he had a BLAST (me too). Space Mountain (Ghost Galaxy for Halloween).
California Adventure: Radiator Springs CARS ride,
California Screamin' (roller coaster),
Tower of Terror was gut wrenching - literally
Soarin' California, Bear Springs Rapids (similar to Rattlesnake Rapids in Lagoon, but with more DROPS).
Coronado Beach was GREAT, and I wish we had more time there. We were there as it was getting evening, and the lighting was magical.
Parades - both at Disneyland and California Adventure.
Things that have changed. (that make me feel old)
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse - is now Tarzan's treehouse.
Tom Sawyer's Island - is now Pirate's Lair
20,000 Leagues under the Sea Submarine - is soon to be (not opened yet) Nemo's submarine adventure.
Oh it has been fun recaping our story !!
|We had SUCH a great time - and hope to be able to do it AGAIN with our other family members!|
|Thanks to these sweet guys who took us along, with our tiredness, and slowness, and hurtness (at times). We LOVED being with all of you !!|