Saturday, May 25, 2013

Great Day - Busy Day - Fun Day

First thing this morning, I went to the cemetery with my mom to put flowers on the graves.  She always takes such care, and keeps the flower (artificial) nice from year to year, always going back and picking them up before they get trashed.  I was glad to be with her  and help her.



When I got home, Roger was ready to go to Ogden.  This was his first day off in almost a month!  Last week, he put in 87.5 hours in ONE WEEK.  It was so good to have him home.  
Just the two of us went to Walmart for an oil change, then Costco, then IFA, then Allied Metals


I'm checking out metal beams for a new bridge at the property.  



After we came home, we started on the yard and lawn, and I discovered a problem in our front window wells.  The water has gotten down behind them, and after 20 years, they have shifted.  The one was almost pushing the basement window inwards.  We are going to have to do some MAJOR removal, replacement and repair.  I want to get those new window wells, that are deeper and painted white on the inside.  I'm also going to set them high, up to where the brick starts. 



I proceeded to get out my trusty clippers, and whacked all of the bushes down.  Boy it sure looks bare.  I know it will look worse before it gets better.  I'm calling Joe Rees and Boman Kemp first thing Tuesday morning. 


You can see what a poor job I've done at keeping the grass from encroaching.  Good thing I bought RoundUP at IFA today, I'm going to ask Annette to come up and show me how to lay the hose out, and NUKE the heck out of everything. 

I took the freshly cut burning bush leaves out to the animals, and they went CRAZY !!



Rog and I had a great time being together all day. We laughed and teased each other - he kept giving me a bad time about my hair, and saying I needed to put a hat on !  For Rude !  (I am getting it cut in a couple of days :)

 We were able to get so much accomplished.  I got the sun shades on the two swings, and the tramp moved, and the patio sprayed off, and the garage cleaned out, etc. etc.


We decided to reward ourselves with a MOVIE - so we headed back to Ogden and saw the Jackie Robinson story - 42.  IT WAS AWESOME !

'
Ended the night with ice cream cones here

And on the way home saw the FLOWER MOON  (Full moon in May)

It was a GREAT DAY !!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...