Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The FIRST Bee incident that I remember

Who is this cute little girl?  Oh wait, it's me !  I really like this picture.  I was about 5 years old.  I'm standing by the old Zodiac car that mom and dad had.  The hills of the "M" are in the background.  We were living on 100 E. in one of Whitey Little's rentals that has since been torn down.

That flowered dress was MY FAVORITE - that is, until the dreaded "BEE" incident.  I had been walking across the street (Young Street) to kindergarten.  I had on a red sweater that Grandma Dickson had knitted for me.  A wasp flew close by me, and I flinched, wildly looking around for it.  It had disappeared, thank goodness.  I proceeded in the old high school building where kindergarten was held, and took off my sweater and hung it in the little locker and went to my class.  A few minutes later, there was a commotion in the hall, and when I went out to see what was up, I found that another girl had opened the shared locker to hang her jacket, and THERE WAS THE WASP ON MY RED SWEATER !?!?!!?!?!?

Well, the teacher made short work of the wasp, but I was absolutely and totally convinced that the only reason that wasp had landed on me was because of that FLOWERED DRESS, and I NEVER wore it again.  EVER.  Totally traumatized for life.......... :)  BTW, did I tell you that I don't like bees ?  haha

PS - That is not the only BEE incident in my life.  I have many more, but those are stories for a different day :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...