Friday, January 6, 2012

Is is really Winter ?

Yesterday  - Right out my back window..............

Go back  to January 1965, and WOW !   What a winter we had that year :)  I'm wearing a coat that my mom made.  She entered it in the Morgan County Fair, and won SWEEPSTAKES !  

And this was the year before, January 1964.  We made a snowman, and called him Ned.  

I had a book called "Snow, Snow"   I had the book completely memorized.
Snow, Snow, do you like snow?
Do you like it?  Yes or No........
Do you like it in your face?
YES!  I like it anyplace.
In that book, the kids built a snowman named Ned.
Ned will have to have a hat,
his hat is on, just look at that.
 Oh no !  That sun has come out fast !
Do you think Ned is going to last?.........
The biggest snowman of them all,
is very, very, very small :(


**Can you tell where we were living at the time?
Do you know where Tom Birt lives now?
That's the place !
***Also - take a look at mom's stylin' boots and crop pants - in the middle of winter !?! 
Love you mom !

My dad built a toboggan.  The road to Round Valley (and my Grandpa and Grandma Tonks' home) was not paved.  We would drive to just about where Dan and Carol Wilkinson live now, and unload from the car, and dad would hook the toboggan up to the hitch with a rope, and we would pile on with all of our cousins.  Dad never went too fast, but it sure felt like it, being pulled behind the car.  We'd drive up to Grandma's and go in and get warm, and then drive back down to where we started.  One trip was usually enough to satisfy us, because snow clothing 40+ years ago, is NOT like it is today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I looked pretty stylist in my cut-off pants (they were known as peddle pushers in my day). The boots were cool looking too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...