Friday, February 18, 2022

Memories - SLUG BUG LIGHT BLUE

I can't say I "learned" to drive with a clutch, but I did learn to drive a stick shift as a teenager.  Dad had that old blue Ford, and he even had one of these SLUG BUGS, a light blue one.  I wonder what ever happened to that thing?  I think it was sold before I was married, so I think he only had it for a year or so.  Now a days, you don't see many on the road, so I suppose the SLUG BUG game has gone by the way-side.  After we were married, we had an old orange Maverick, and it had THREE ON THE TREE - That was fun to drive also, excepting for the night that Roger pulled me home (we were living in Milton at the time) in mid winter, in the dark...... That was a horrible experience, one that I have NEVER let be repeated.  I truly thought I was going to die.  That old car must have died also, it was a junker.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...