Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Memories - Old Phones

All you had to do was dial "9" in Morgan (didn't need the 82), then the number.  I don't know if I handed this to one of my grandkids, that they would even know what to do with it.  
I can still remember numbers from when I was little
Grandma Dickson's was 9-3940 (I think)
Grandma Tonks?  - I guess I've forgotten that one.....
Aunt Pam's was 9-6640
Mom and Dad used to have a handset just like the one pictured, except theirs was olive green (1970'2 olive green, haha).  They had it in their bedroom.
I don't remember party lines (that was before my day), but there was no call-waiting, just a busy signal if someone was on the phone, and if you didn't want to be bothered, just leave it off the hook !
There was usually a LONG LONG chord on the main phone, but even then, you didn't get to far from the wall mount. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...