Thursday, February 17, 2022

Memories - I must be a true warrior !

They don't have these anymore that I'm aware of...........too DANGEROUS !
Boy we used to play the heck out of the one on the old elementary school grounds back in the day.  It was alot LOWER than this one, and you had to be careful not to get your foot under the metal, as it was only an inch above the ground.  Seems like someone was always getting hurt on it.  The merry go round (as we called me) was located directly behind the building where Pretzelmaker was located.  There were tricky bars there too - also a thing of the past - again.....to DANGEROUS for kids of today, and I think swings.  There was an opening in the fence, and you could walk through the fence, along side the cinderblock building after school, straight to Jay's Drive In.  The fire station wasn't there, and it was just a vacant field, all the way to 100 WEST.  I would cut through Jody Robison's lot, climb the back fence, go through the field, and climb/open the gate to our garden, and I was home.  

Those were the days - I sure loved growing up in Morgan as a young girl in the late 60's.  I started kindergarten in the fall of 1966, in the old high school (before it was torn down).  I think they were building the new high school about that time.  The kindergarten was located on the main floor, just to the right as you came in the front doors.  My teacher was Miss Compton. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...