Monday, February 21, 2022

Memories - Climbing trees

When I was young, some of my most happy times were climbing trees.  Our neighbor, Hillard Williams had a big beautiful tree in front of his horse pasture.  It had a fence on both sides, and was so easy to climb up and climb in.  If I close my eyes, I can still almost remember exactly where and how every limb was placed, and just where I would put my hands and feet to climb where I wanted to go.  That was 50+ years ago..........., and I can still remember the fun I had.  Grandma Tonks' had a big old Box Elder tree too, and it was great fun.  I don't remember climbing much at Grandpa Dickson's, probably because it made Grandma Dickson too nervous.   I'm glad we have that one old tree at the property, that the grandkids can climb all over.  The Swiss Family Robinson treehouse was so amazing and enticing to me - probably my first case of ENVY !!   Those were the days :)  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...