Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Memories - Old appliances

This is so true !!  
I can't count the number of refrigerators, dishwashers, and washing machines we've gone through since the late 80-90's.   Our first washing machine, bought in 1979, shortly after Ambure died, lasted until 1993 when we moved to our new home.  I'm convinced the only reason it went kaput, is because it was in storage for a few months.  Since that time (especially since moving into our new house in 1993), we have had appliances break over and over. 
The appliances of the 70's were surely colorful !  Mom's fridge was avocado green.  Green, Yellow, or Brown............the color of the 70's.  We had an old fridge when we were first married, that belonged to Marge and Wayne Mortenson.  It was a relic !!  I wish I had a picture of that old thing.  You opened the door, and the freezer was inside at the top.  You pulled down the cover to open it.  Ice would constantly build up, and I would have to unplug and empty the fridge, and put pans of boiling water in the fridge, and let it heat up so I could chip the ice out of the freezer portion.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...