Friday, February 11, 2022

Memories - My how things have changed !

This is exactly the car seat my mom had for her kids.  I remember when I had Ambure in 1978, that mom still had it.   She also had a car bed, that you could lay a baby in the back seat of a car.  They used this with me, as they would travel from Salt Lake City to Morgan quite a bit.  We got another car seat that was a little bit ,more padded with Ambure in 1978, but was still basically the same thing - totally unsafe.  I'm sure glad our babies have SAFER car seats today !! 

I'm not sure when seat belts came into play, but I know we never used them as kids.  Some of the best times were climbing up in the back window of our car, laying lengthwise, and basking in the warm sun on a cold day while we drove somewhere.    Of course, we grew, and didn't fit there for long !


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...