Thursday, July 31, 2008



Today I head to Arizona with my good friend Amy, and her daughter Lisa. They arrived last night about 8 pm from Spokane, WA - via Missoula, Montana where Lisa had attended and graduated from college. Lisa is now headed for A.T. Still University in Mesa,AZ to finish up her education - that girl is smart, and capable, and focused. Way to go Lisa ! Anyway, they had a loonnnnnnnnngggggggg drive from Missoula, and were glad to get here to Morgan. I was excited to "show" them MY town. I love Morgan, and I'm thankful I live here. We had a good time visiting and catching up with my parents and CJ & Zac. Lisa became Treyson's NEW BEST FRIEND. She was so cute with him, and they swung on the swings, and threw rocks in the creek, and........ he would have had her going all night if we would have let him :) After we cleaned up, we went over to the walking path and walked around it - dodging bugs in the dark. (I knew there was a reason I've never walked by the river after dark :) Today my mom is fixing us waffles for breakfast. I am so thankful for my mom (and dad). Amy and Lisa stayed there last night, because Zac and CJ and boys have taken over our basement, and it really would have been hard for them to pack up and move out, even for one night. The boys have had coughs and congestion for the past few days, but I'm thankful that they are on the mend. We are going to head out this morning about 8 am, and plan to stay tonight in Vegas. We'll catch the sights, Bellagio fountains, Treasure Island Pirates, Mirage Volcano, M & M factory, Old Town light show, Caesar's Forum.............. the list goes on and on. I am thankful I have been doing a lot of walking, because I have a feeling that we will put our legs to work tonight. On Friday morning, we'll head for Phoenix, and stop at Hoover Dam first. I'm excited to see their reaction - it is quite a sight. I am thankful they asked me to be part of their road trip, and that I'll be able to see Cam and Manda on Friday night ! Cam has called 2-3 times this past week, and she is anxious to see me. She still doesn't have the time concept down yet. I'm taking her a calendar, to see if that will help, with looking forward to different events this coming year. Roger called last night, and they have a plan to whip the Billings bakery into shape. If anyone can do it, I know Roger can. Unfortunately, this may involve more time spent up there than we expected. Hey !! I just thought of something, maybe after I get back, I can travel up there with him for another vacation !! Hey - I have many blessings to be thankful for !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...