Sunday, July 27, 2008

Do you have any old furniture that needs a facelift?

If so - head on down to Morgan Furniture Works. Craig Nelson will work miracles for YOU !!

We have THREE heirloom pieces of furniture - good thing we have 3 kids :)

There is the Dickson dresser - which will go to Zac when we die.
There is the Tonks dresser - which will go to Manda when we die.
There is the Rich sideboard/buffet - which will go to Landon when we die.

And not before :)

Remember the Power outtage/broken VCR fiasco in March?? Well, that started us on this adventure of redoing the entertainment center....................and then the dresser.............and so forth and so forth.

The dresser is done - Yahoo ! What is DUMB, is that I have NO BEFORE pics. It was originally painted WHITE, and sat in my Grandma Dickson's upstairs for many years. When I got married in 1977, we needed a dresser, and so we proceeded to paint over the white, and went with a shiney, stained brown........(yuck). Craig stripped it down to nothing, and discovered Burl wood !!! Every single drawer front has an inset of Burl Wood. It is absolutely beautiful !!! Why anyone EVER painted it over is beyond me.

As a side note - the white that you see, is an inset of marble.

So give Craig a call at 801-821-6208 if you need something worked on. We were very very pleased, and I think you will be too !!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

You have no idea how much I love re-doing/fixing old furniture right now! I totally loved this post!

Soooo...give me some advice...I want to refinish our bedroom set which include a dresser, two bedside tables and a large chest of drawers. I would like to reface the drawer fronts and put new hardware on them as well as change the color from dark red wood to and expresso color. Is it doable? Will it cost me an arm and a leg?

Bettinson Bunch said...

What ever happened to Grandma Tonks' diaries? I have some of her nightgowns, an orange sweater Grandma Dickson knitted for her (priceless), a knick-knack that used to be in the back bedroom, and a couple of gifts I had given her over the years.

But...when Dawna dies I get the "Poor Babes in the Woods" picture! (It is hanging in Dawna's kitchen right now.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...