Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My "Pick me up" :)

A couple of Fridays ago, I spent most of a day with my friend at the Huntsman Center. I met Theresa almost 3 years ago. We ate lunch together at Costa Vida at the top of the dugway, and the rest is history :) Our sons served together in Peru Lima North, and lucky her - she will have ANOTHER missionary leaving next month for Australia. GO ALDEN !

Theresa is one of the most kind persons I know.  She can make everyone she comes in contact with feel special.  She had a happy and interested "hello, (insert name here)" for everyone she interacted with.  It was obvious she knew them, knew ABOUT them, AND their families.  You could tell they all love her.

She makes me want to be a better person, to try harder, to be kind and gentle, TO BE POSITIVE!  Man, can that girl be positive.  I was thinking last night of writing this this blog post and what I would like to say, and I realized that I have NEVER heard Theresa speak negatively of anything or anyone.    I can't claim the same, can you?  But you know what?  I'm going to try harder to be like my friend.  I sure love her :)

I truly feel that Theresa is one of those "tender mercies" that Father sent into my life.  ONE of those "mission blessings", that didn't go away when it was over. I am so very grateful for my friend, and always will be.

Her motto is, "Life is 10% what happens to us, and 90% what we decide to do about it" - Thomas Edison  She decided a LONG time ago,  to do it right.  She is happy.  She is Christlike in all things.  She has truly been through the refiner's fire.  I am proud and blessed to call her my friend.


Love you Theresa! See you soon :)

1 comment:

My Family said...

Gwen,
What a huge tribute to me. Thank you for your kindess and sharing your feelings.
I was so glad to share that afternoon with you.
You have blessed my life. You are an example of unselfish service. I am so happy that our life's path have crossed.
Friends forever!
Theresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...