Thursday, December 11, 2008

Something New

Yesterday I did something I’ve never done before. Dun Dun Dun…… I joined with some friends and put together some “freezer” meals. We all met at Teresa’s house and brought our meat and ingredients. Jill Melle showed us how to put them together, and added some of her secret recipe spices.

Some of the new meals we will be having: Italian Mozzarella Meatloaf, Chicken Pot Pie, Cilantro Citrus Chicken, Sticky Chicken, Garlic Basil Chicken, Taco Soup w/ Chicken, Western Meal, Cheesy Mexican Chicken, Mexican Cornbread Casserole, Cranberry Pork Roast, Asian Pork Tenderloin, Teriyaki Pork Chops. These yummy meals will be pulled out of the freezer, and put in a crock pot for the day. When Roger and I get home at 6pm – Voila !! Supper is ready :)



Here's the final "stash", in the freezer. I can hardly wait to try them out. Now the only thing I need to do is convince Roger that the pork (shhh!!) is chicken, and that the diced tomatoes and green chilies are good for him :) Wish me luck. Who knows?..... I may be sending meals over to Zac and CJ’s, and home with Manda after Christmas.

**PS - I put the Taco Soup w/Chicken in the crock pot a noon, and at 9pm when we got home from the wrestles, it was ready to eat, and Roger's pronouncement? "Pretty Good" - even though he picked out all of the diced tomatoes, and green chilies. What a guy :)

1 comment:

SHIRLEE said...

This is the only way to go, Gwen,,,, And Zac ate Pork at my house and lived to tell about it, however he told CJ that next time they were invited over for "ROAST" find out what kind of 'ROAST' very funny. he was a good sport about it....good luck

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...