Saturday, December 6, 2008

Another Christmas Tag !

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both (I recycle the gift bags for sure !)
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial, since 1993 (when we moved into our new home)
3. When do you put up the tree? Depends........This year, Roger brought it up out of the basement on the day after Thanksgiving. I take the ornaments off every year, but the tree stays INTACT, with the lights on it. So there it sits... Haven't decorated it yet.
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in January (see above - it's not too hard)
5. Do you like eggnog? It's okay - Maybe a little IF it's homemade by my mom....and COLD !
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Maybe my Chrissy Doll, whose hair grew?
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes - I have Grandma Tonks' old one (nothing fancy, but just sentimental), and I'm going to see if Landon can get me one from Peru.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Roger's parents.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Grandkids
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't remember. I don't think I've ever gotten anything I hated.
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. Camryn watched it the other day, and was telling Roger about the part where there Santa was mean to Ralphie and pushed him down the slide. Hope it didn't scar her, because Bruce R. aka Santa, is coming to our house on Christmas Eve.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? First part of December, although I started on the "I SPY" quilts earlier this year.........like about FALL of 2007....
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably, I don't remember.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's waffles on Christmas morning. Mom? hint, hint, hint??
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Either.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night
18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? Either - just as long as my family is together. Manda and Cam are coming home THIS YEAR........but next will be a different story :(
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds
23. Favorite Christmas tradition? From my childhood, would be Christmas Eve at Grandma Dicksons for sure. For a few years (late 90's, early 00's) we took the boys snowmobiling.
24. Up early or sleeping in? Our kids were NEVER the early early birds. 6-7 was usually the norm.
25. Who hands out the gifts? Me.
26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? Sometimes.
27. Do you tell the Christmas story? I read it.
28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? Nope.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...