Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snowy Day


Well, the weather outside has ruined my plans for the day. You can't tell by the picture, but it is snowing lightly. I was going to head down to SLC with mom on Front Runner, to see my niece, Tiana, perform with her high school show choir at the Joseph Smith Building. I've been listening to KSL radio all morning, and the roads are a MESS !! Including a multi-vehicle accident at the mouth of Weber Canyon where I-84 meets Highway 89. I'm such a BABY on the roads since my accident last year, so I guess we won't be going. I would have to be back by 4pm for a dentist appointment anyway, and it would be cutting it close.

I guess I'll just stay home and bake. Last night I finished the caramels and sugar cookie dough, so far this morning I've done fudge and slush, now I will work on carmeled popcorn and chicken noodle soup (for tomorrow), and broccoli salad. I'll save the funeral potatoes, and spinach dip, and rolls and ham till Christmas day.

Manda and Cam fly into SLC tomorrow morning at 10:30 am. We can hardly wait !! The weather is supposed to be better, and Roger will be driving, so I should be okay :) We will stop at Vanessa's store, El Inka Market, to pick up a package that Landon sent from Peru, and then head home. Santa will be making an appearance at our home about 4pm to see the kids.

This morning at 5:20 am, I was awakened by the phone..............numbers were 51.51........... PERU !!! First words out of his mouth.... "Hi mama!" I just love that boy!! He thought Roger would still be home, but unfortunately he had already left for work. It was a short sweet conversation, and he let me know that his Christmas call will be on Christmas night at 6pm - so any of you reading this who would like to drop in and say HI to Elder Rich, come on over !! We'll have food aplenty for all.

In case I don't get back to posting anytime soon - Merry Christmas everyone ! We love you !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...