Friday, December 12, 2008

Someone help me pull my FOOT out of my MOUTH - Please !


So, I'm sitting at Amie's (my hairdresser), waiting my turn. I recognize the woman in the chair, it's the (Insert last name here) lady. They are talking about new babies, and names, etc. etc. The name Nora comes up, which I personally would not choose.......but like all of the "older" names, i.e. Hannah, Olivia, Maisie, has come back in vogue.

I say to the woman {SOMEONE STOP ME NOW}, "Can you IMAGINE someone OUR age, having a name like NORA when WE were in school? THAT would have been a death sentence!"

There was an UNCOMFORTABLE pause.......... my hairdresser looks stricken..........I'm thinking, "What the heck did I say?" I start wracking my brain........what was her name? Something......... (insert last name here)?? Something (insert last name here)...............??? OH - ya, right......... NORMA!

Please, someone get a crowbar......it doesn't get much worse than that :0

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...