Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Last Evening

I left work early yesterday, because I knew Zac and his boys would be going to the Property to work on cleaning the other side of the creek - our latest project :)  I love to be with them and help out when I can.  The boys found a tree that a BEAVER had been to work on.  They had fun playing by the creek, throwing rocks, exploring, and having a great time.

Thatcher hung around me and Zac.  He is fascinated with the chainsaw, and would start it up if he could :)  By the end of the evening, he (along with his brothers) was filthy dirty.  Such is the life of little boys :)

Mom and Dad came down to help also.  I love to get pics of my parents with the kids.  Mom is such a help with them.  As you can see (to the left), we have made many burn piles, and also stacked firewood.

Someone in the 6th ward needs wood for their stove, so we are cutting and leaving it for them.  We have plenty of firewood on our side.

We were going along pretty well, but then came upon this monster tree, and it slowed us down.  Thank goodness for chainsaws. It is so fun (YES, I said FUN !) to work at cleaning something up.  This is Zac's (and me) favorite thing to do, seriously.  

I lifted him up here, and told him to hang on, then backed up to get a picture.  Didn't seem to bother him too much, but soon he wanted down.  That kid is always on the go. 

Tagg had a mishap and cut his hand.  He was pretty brave about it, even with the blood.  Treyson tried to talk him into letting him put a leaf on it, but he was having none of that !.  Later I was able to take him in the shop and wash his dirty hands with soap, and actually got it cleaned up pretty good.  He was a good sport, and gritted his teeth and let me have my way :)

A sight you don't see very often.  The Welch Ditch dam is completely removed.  There is some plastic and tarps that are caught in the water below it, and I'm going to try and get in there tonight and dig them out.  They have probably been in there for years.  See the big tree hanging out over the dam?  It's GOT to come down.  We just have to figure a way to cut it without it damaging the dam.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...