Saturday, June 15, 2013

A little bit "Shady"

I've been wanting a horse for our barnyard for while now.  Notice I said "I", not "We".  Roger was NOT on board.  I finally got him to say, "whatever, do what you want"..............so I did.  Annette and Wendy offered to come with me to get the horse.  Then Wendy had something come up, and Annette said to get Carol Wilkinson to help, and Carol couldn't, and then Kevin Bangerter walked into the office to register his vehicle.  I said, "Kevin, what are you doing tomorrow morning at 9am?"  Bless his heart.  He and Cindy and grandson came along, and when we got there, Megan had the horse all ready to go !!  I thought it would be hard to catch her, but I guess not. Anyway, he was there for moral support :)

She is a cute little miniature horse.
I was able to lead her around and load her myself.  

Back at the barnyard, she was fine, the goats were curious, and I thought, "Hey, this is great".  As soon as I took off her halter and lead rope, she got FRISKY with the goats.  Mayhem ensued.



Before it was done, Billy had jumped the barnyard fence to get away from the horse, and Miss Piggy accidentally got kicked in the head.  I was beginning to think we had made a BIG mistake.............but Annette just kept reassuring me that they were all just getting used to each other.  We ended up closing the gate, and kept Shadow and Miss Piggy on one side, and the goats on the other.  We let them stay that way all day. 


Zac and the boys came up later to move some farm machinery.  We worked in and around the animals, and they were a lot calmer.  You can see Shadow's head just over Thatch's right shoulder.  Caption of this pic?  Away in the Manger (of course :) 

CJ thought she was being funny NOT (haha) and got Rog this mug for Father's day............you  know, since he wasn't happy with me about the horse situation............. (haha)


CJ had a little bit of experience with horses as a teenager, and she jumped right in there, shook the bucket of feed, harnessed her back up, and put the kids on her back.  


Such a cute family !  CJ turned out to be quite the horse "whisperer", and Tagg is a natural (check out his hands holding her mane).  Treyson was a little nervous, but the horse led around like a pro.  Narry a buck or a bit of trouble.

I'm all smiles now :)

Zac and the "cowboys"

Meet "Shady" fka Shadow
(Roger's warming up to her ;)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...