Thursday, December 22, 2011

Old Times I don't remember :)

When I was about a year old, I lived with my parents in Salt Lake City.  Dad was going to school at the University of Utah.  We lived in a place called "Cleggs".  I think this was the name of the people who owned the house, and we lived in the basement.   It was on about 9th East and 2700 South.  I think they must have been rich? and I'm not sure how mom and dad scored a place to live there, but I remember driving by in later years, and if I remember correctly there was a big wall all around the place.  It must have been a huge yard/acreage, right there in the middle of the city.    There was a pond, with swans and ducks.............

There was also an in-ground swimming pool.  Here I am with mom, and my  Aunt Dawna (mom's sister), and my cousin Dianne Whittier.  I think Dawna and Diane were in their early teens, and mom was about 25 years old.  Mom's pregnant (big) with my brother Lance, but you can't tell it.

Mom and Me :) - I feel like this is a brand new picture, I've never seen before !  In the one hard copy  I have, we are only about 1/2 inch square.  When I scanned it I used high resolution and cropped it in close, so I could blow it up big.  We look so happy, I bet that was a GREAT day.  I love this picture !

This picture was taken on my dad's 25th birthday - July 29, 1962.  These are my cousins, Dick Whittier, Joan Whitaker (Adams) and Bret Whittier (back), and Pauline Dickson (Preece) and Jack Whittier, and Kent Dickson (front).  Man alive, we are all about 50 years older now...........The years passed by so quickly. 

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Oh my gosh! Those are some good memories for you and some fun pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...