Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holy Wind Storm !!

Had I listened to the radio before leaving Morgan this morning a 7am, I might not have gone to Salt Lake. As it was, the weather was BEAUTIFUL on this side of the mountain, and I just WHIZZED down the canyon.................maybe a little too fast? Must have been the wind pushing me. I first noticed it when I turned on the clover leaf to head South, and by the time I reached the top of the hill by HAFB exit, I tuned my radio  to KSL - Holy Wind Storm !!





It was kind of scary actually.

What I saw being blown over and around by the wind?

Fences
Trees
Siding
Shingles
Traffic signals
Signs
Garbage Cans
Playhouses
Dog houses
Trampolines
Semi's
Dirt
Debris

It was a crazy sight !


This poor man's shingles..............   Just made me sick for them.


It was stop and go on the Mountain Road (aka Highway 89) because of the power outage to the stop lights, and then on the radio it said I-15 was shut down, and so everyone INCLUDING ME took Legacy.

I arrived at my destination in Salt Lake about 45 minutes behind schedule, but I made it.

I didn't head home until about 3:00 pm, and the wind while still strong, had died down considerably. The damage it left behind was pretty bad. One home lost 80% of it's siding, and I saw multiple homes with 90% of the shingles GONE !!

On the last exit to come up the canyon, ANOTHER semi bit the dust. Glad to be home safe and sound.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...