Friday, December 3, 2010

My ancestors/relations..........who do I look like?

Ann, Edna, Eliza, Lucy, May, Martha, Mary Ann, Mette..........
I used to think that Tonya totally looked like my mom, but after seeing Lucy's picture (top right), I think she looks (or Tonya looked) alot like her.  Some of these fine women are from the Dickson line, and others from the Dawson, and Porter line. 

Do you see Jolene Price in there?   She's not, but her grandmother is, and they are almost identical.  I think my Dickson aunts look alot like Edna, especially Aunt Dixie and Aunt Maisie.

They all lived such different lives than the life that I live.  Ann, Martha, Mary Ann, and Mette all were pioneers, and crossed the plains to Utah.  I don't know if I would have been that strong.   I HOPE I would have been.  

I am grateful for my ancestors who embraced the gospel and joined the church initially.  I sometimes wonder if I would have let the missionaries in........  I HOPE I would have.

I am truly blessed, and look forward to meeting all of these fine ladies someday. 

1 comment:

Bettinson Bunch said...

I think Grandma Dickson looks like the last one on the bottom row!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...