Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Things I don't want to forget......

 Every month (mostly), the Rich Family Women (including the Frosts, Carlsons, Porters, etc.) get together to eat lunch to celebrate the birthdays that month.  It's a great tradition that Grandma Luann started.  We always look forward to it.  I would suggest it to any family.  Here are the Rich woman from  Layne &  Sue's family at  Javier's last month.
 The boys (including the big ones) had so much fun with the box that my stove came in.  Roger cut a door and little windows in it, and we all had fun scaring them as they ran for cover.  I told them the story of the 3 little pigs and the BIG BAD WOLF, and we re-enacted it many times.

 I was able to visit my Great Great Grandmother, Amelia Lacey Slade Dean's gravesite in the Salt Lake City Cemetery the other day.  It's great to do things like that with friends (you know who you are :), who like to walk through cemeteries !!

 I watched the little boys the other day, and we had a good time.  I taught them the games of  London Bridge and "I had a little doggy".  It was fun.

 Tried to get some quality pics.
Treyson was coorperative - Tagg not so much !

 Thanksgiving burn - 2010  
With a foot of snow of the burn pile, we didn't know if it would happen.  It was bitter cold, even though the sun was shining. 

 The flames finally broke through, and we were able to get warm.


Cam, with her cousins in AZ.  They are getting so grown up !

 Watched this show last night.  I loved it, but Rog fell asleep !
My cousin's son Ben Porter is listed in the credits - (I made sure to look).  He is a graphic designer for Disney.
 I met an old friend, Heidi Carter yesterday.  I visit with her sister Nikki every month, and Heidi just happened to be visiting this time.  I haven't seen her for 22 years.  She and Nikki stepped in (along with Nancy Ford) and helped Amanda out in June of 1988.  My sister had just died in a car accident, and we were dealing with the funeral and all, and the June Horse show was at the same time.   They were all so good to help us out..............well back to the story at hand.

Heidi lives in the SAME TOWN as Pioneer Woman !!  Can you believe that??  Pawhuska, Oklahoma

She knows her!! - Ree Drummond

What a small world.  She was quite surprised that alot of people know her outside of their small town, I said, "Are you kidding?" - she's famous !!  Now all of you who don't follow her blog, click on the link above :)

Heidi works at Vet Clinic in Pawhuska, and she said they boarded Ree's dogs the last time they were out of town.  I said, "You mean you know CHARLIE the BASSETT HOUND !?!?!?!?".  She just laughed.   We had SUCH a great visit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...