Saturday, October 23, 2010

Would the REAL cowboy please stand up?

I've got to post this story. I keep thinking of it, and I burst out laughing. I've retold the story a few times, and maybe I'm the only one who really "gets" it. Maybe you had to be there. I'm glad I was.

Last week as Cam and I were going through security at the airport, there was this "dude" in front of us.......in designer cowboy boots, bandanna around one of the boots, tight low-cut jeans, no cowboy hat, you get the picture. You couldn't help but notice the guy, and even though I didn't say a word to Cam, she had obviously noticed him.


When we were through security, and walking towards her gate, Cam turns to me and asks, "Did you see that guy back there with the cowboy boots?", I acknowledged to her that I had. She then made the statement, "He looked ridiculous !"

I smiled and agreed, and proceeded to tell her that there are "cowboy wannabe's" in the world, that really aren't REAL cowboys, but just want to look like one.

Then she says, THIS classic line. "I know grandma, some guys are just BORN cowboys". "Grandpa Roger was born a real cowboy, and for some reason he just decided he wanted to work at the bakery when he grew up".

TOO funny !! Maybe you had to be there, but no lie, I'm STILL chuckling :)

Can you spot the REAL and FAKE cowboys below?

Can you name them all? Leave a comment.

BTW, I had a blast putting this post together :)

Yes, this is one of the REAL ones.
If you are a TRUE blogstalker, you WILL know who this is :)



Urban Cowboy......sigh..............


5 points extra if you can name his faithful sidekick



Love this guy - wish we had another one like him
Another President that is.



Yes, I'm drooling.....
One of my all time favorites :)


But this is #uno in my book of course.
Did you hear they are remaking the movie ???
It comes out on Christmas Eve I believe.
Jeff Bridges will play Rooster, and Matt Damon, the Texas Ranger.
Josh Brolin will play the guy Maddie Ross is after.





For the Grandkids



Roger's FA-VO-RITE - NOT !!



Uh....more drooling ;)



10 points extra for this one



Only a true PBR fan would know :)



2 points a piece, and an extra 5 if you can name that WONDERFUL movie



This one's for you Manda






Hunka Hunka Burnin' Cowboy.....


WORST cowboy of ALL TIME, IMHO
I will never forgive him for what he did to the DUKE



He was in too many westerns to count - but can you name him?



Can you name his horse too? - 2 points extra if you can



Bad guy you end up loving !



My Roger will hate me for this one above.
NOT his favorite ;)




He'll probably hate me for this one too :)
But see, Cam was right !



Name the cowboy (easy)
Name the show (pretty easy)
Name the OTHER cowboy in the show (harder)
Name his GIRLFRIEND in the show (hardest)







Liked him best in Quigley Down Under


Who was his girlfriend?
br />


Shoulda been a cowboy.....


HaHa - someone's going to get a kick out of this !

Funny story - we used to call them "Wes - truns" around our house for many years. This cowboy in the picture above, never could say it right when he was little, and so we all started copying him. Sometimes it still pops out, "Let's watch a Wes-trun !"

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Better late than never but I will give it a try -
don't know the first one
John Travolta
Lone Ranger (Clayton Moore)
Ronald Reagan
dont know
John Wayne
?
Fivel the mouse
?
Butch Cassidy (Robert Redford) and Sundance Kid (Paul Newman)
The real Buch Cassidy
?
?
?
Henry Ford
Elvis
Bruce Dern
?
Roy Rogers
?
Roger Stauback
Roger
?
Jimmy Stewart
Tom Selleck
Janes Arness - girlfriend Kitty (Amanda Blake)
?
Landon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...