Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Star Struck - after the fact.

Last Saturday I went to the Salt Lake Temple with Landon and Kacey. We parked under the Conference Center, and caught the elevator up to street level. There was an older gentleman who entered the elevator just before we did. I noticed that he was limping a little bit.

As we entered, I was looking at my parking stub, and Landon asked me if I shouldn't have left it on the dash of my car. This older gentleman kindly interrupted, and mentioned that we would need that stub to get our parking token at the Temple recommend desk. I noticed as I looked directly into his face as he was speaking, that he had a VERY nice smile. Then IT HIT ME !!! OH MY HECK !!!







We stepped out of the elevator, and it was all I could do not lose it right there. My eyes were as big as saucers, and I grabbed Landon's arm, and started walking faster, and gibberish came out of my mouth......... "THAT WAS ALAN OSMOND !!"

Kacey and Landon's reply................"Who?"

Puh-lease, what is this world coming to? How have we failed the younger generation?

My sister is used to seeing, meeting, and conversing with famous people, but not me !! I didn't even have the nerve to turn and say, "Why Brother Osmond, are you attending the temple today? "So are we!, would you care to share a session?"

Anyhoo.......... it made my day :)

For all you YOUNGSTERS reading.............. THIS is was Alan looked like, BACK IN THE DAY.

Gotta love the 70's !!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...