Friday, September 10, 2010

Chinatown

No, not the one in San Francisco...........the one in Croydon/Lost Creek/Morgan/Utah !

The last time I was at Chinatown was when I was about 13 years old. My brother went up for a scouting adventure, and our family went up there first to check it out. We rode in Grandpa Tonks' old army jeep.

Once during my YW years, we parked at Pentz' cabin and hiked to it. Needless to say, I never made it. That was a night to remember. Deborah Peay and Melissa Olsen just kept walking and walking, and someone had to rein them in, and we didn't get the kids home until about 11pm that night. We had parents calling and worried, and it was an experience !!

On Labor Day this year, our family went with Camaron Pentz and his family via 4-wheelers and Rangers. We started early, about 9am, and it was a little chilly. The dust was a problem, but then it always is in the hills around Morgan in the summertime. It was great to see Chinatown once again, and I'm glad my kids and grandkids can now say they have been there. It was a great adventure for Labor Day.

Camaron was a great guide, and told us alot of stories

When we got there - Treyson and Tagg were held on to at ALL TIMES !!
Very scary at the edge. CJ was very nervous :)


Olive monsters........

And a great time was had by all !



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...