Friday, September 24, 2010

A Mouse in the House

Yes, this is in our house
Yes, I got down on my knees and took an up close picture
Yes Leslie, I am one sick person :)

Over the past week we've caught three mice in our house. This is the last one - I HOPE !! I want to proudly report that I have disposed of all three, without Roger's help.

Funny story (not really) - I bought a big bag of almonds from Sam's Club. Cost? About $12.00. I had them in my pantry at the top of the stairs. I'm lazy and didn't close the ziploc on the top of the bag. I mean really, it would be SUCH a pain to open and close it every I reached in to grab a few, right? Of course, I left the pantry sliding door open about 8 inches, so I could easily reach in and grab me a few, many many times during the day. They are yummy :)

I may never eat another almond...........

Friday night I couldn't sleep after consuming two Diet Coke's. I hadn't had one in a month, and I forgot how caffeine makes me a night owl. I decided to sew on a quilt, and I was at my dining room table sewing away. I stopped sewing for a minute and thought I heard something. I quietly turned my head, and sure enough. There was a mouse, running from under my stove, in the pantry door, and MUCH TO MY HORROR, appeared on the shelf where my beloved almonds were located !!!!!

That's right folks, I watched this little bugger go back and forth and back and forth, about 3 times a minute, taking one almond each time.

I kept telling myself, that this was the FIRST NIGHT he had been busy. There was NO WAY I had eaten out of that bag all day long, that had been contaminated the night before - Yeah right.

I finally had enough of the mouse show, and I got up and put a mouse trap right in the almond bag and went to bed. I totally expected a FAT FULL DEAD mouse the next morning.

Instead I found an EMPTY almond bag, with the trap fully cocked, with NO MOUSE !!!

Well, to make a long story short, Roger bought some "old school" mouse traps, and I think our situation is taken care of. At least I hope so.

PS - My dear friend gave me a fresh bag of almonds. I'm keeping these LOCKED UP !!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Seriously there are some things that you should NOT take pictures of......and this would be one of them. YUCK!

Teresa said...

That is still funny!

Anonymous said...

This mouse/almond story is about the funniest thing I have read in a while! Thanks Gwen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...