Sunday, June 13, 2010

Saving MORE money

This is going to be a LONG coupon post, so if you aren't in to that, don't bother reading :)

No really, keep reading......... I'll feel bad if you quit (haha).

I started to Ogden last Friday with BIG plans. I stayed up late the night before, organizing and going through all of my coupons, getting the "game plan" ready.

I headed to Walmart to begin my couponing (is that a word?) adventure. The thing I dislike the most, is wandering around the aisles, trying to find the items I need. I had 3 big high value coupons, and managed to FINALLY find the appropriate merchandise, only to find out at check-out that the scanner would NOT read the bar code on the coupons :/ I put the things back, because I was on a mission, and I'm not going to pay full price, right? (I found out later at another store, that the cashier could have just typed in the numbers above the bar code (argh!!!!).

I left Walmart, totally unsatisfied, and walked into the rain which continued to pour ALL DAY LONG........

Next stop, Petsmart, where I planned to buy Dorkey some treats - FOR FREE !! But once again I was foiled :( The doggie treats were not on sale 2 for $4.99 like I was informed....... I left the store empty handed.

At this point, I was seriously discouraged, but I held my head up and headed to Walgreens in Roy. I was planning on doing some SERIOUS business here. Imagine my disappointment when I found almost ALL of the deals were GONE :/ The clerk informed me that Monday (after the weekly killer sales are announced) was the day to come. That's kind of hard when I work 10 hours a day and live in Morgan. Oh well, I spent about an hour in the store, and scored on what deals I could.

Still in the pouring rain, I headed South on 1900 to Smith's. Picked up some good deals here, and I was feeling okay. I was getting the hang of it, but it DOES TAKE TIME.

I took a little time out and went to the temple. I sure needed it. Afterward I met Roger at Sears and SCORED with the deal there. We bought him $50.00 worth of clothes, and we will get a coupon in the mail for $50.00 to spend on MORE men's apparel at Sears, so basically $100.00 in clothing for $50.

We were hungry, so we headed to Arby's. Why? Because I had coupons of course !! We only spent $6 on supper, where it usually would have cost us near $10.

On the way home we took a chance and we stopped at the Walgreens next to Maceys on 36th street in Ogden. YAHOO !!! I found my deals the eluded me in Roy - happy day ;)

So, do you want to hear the FINAL savings of the day?

Want to see a picture first??



All the merchandise in the picture above would normally cost $179.00 - no lie.

I paid..........

dun dun dun...........

FIFTY TWO DOLLARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's 71% savings overall

Was it worth it??.......... that is a good question.

Now that it's over, YES. While I was being rejected in store after store, walking through the rain, NO. Will I do it again? What do you think? ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...