Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two Peas in a Pod

I love these guys. One is my husband, and the other is my brother-in-law. Roger and Layne are almost exactly one year apart. LuAnn came home from the hospital with Layne on Rog's 1st birthday. Roger started bawling, wanting mom to hold him, and LuAnn sat down and started bawling too. That makes me smile, just thinking about it.

Layne and Rog were very very close growing up. They did everything together. Milked cows at Saxton's, rode bikes to Morgan, played little league football........

swam in the creek, hauled hay, had BB gun fights, wrestled, sheet-rocked......



The years have passed, and they are (and will be) 1/2 a century old. (Yikes !!) They have grown up, married, each had 4 kids, still live in Morgan, and now they are grandpas.


Something funny has happened over these last few years. They are starting to be mistaken for each other ! I could give you examples right and left, but that would take more time than you would want to read about. The other night at Keysto and Kaley's wedding it happened again, so I decided to take a picture.....close up.......

Yup - I think they are brothers :)
Hair....... Glasses......... Goats......... Button up shirts........ Wranglers......
Quiet...... hard working....... don't like your pics taken :)
The only reason you don't have your ball caps on, is because you are in a church and you are respectful as always.

You guy's aren't getting older, you're getting better !! Love ya !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know they do look alot alike, when people mistake them I usually can't believe it, I guess it's because we know them better, anyway I love the pictures. They still look like they are full of it!! I love those two too, Joni

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you told me about this. Somehow I missed it. Didn't I do good with these kids? Then when you see Kelly with them it is like triplets. Yiks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...