Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm famous :)


So, have you heard about this great new cookbook?
Last year, the word was sent out through the missionary mom website, that recipes were wanted. Deanna asked that we submit a recipe that our family loved, and to include a little background info. She also promised us a FREE BOOK if our recipe was included !

Well, we had just gotten Landon off on his mission, and I had been making this chicken noodle soup like crazy. I sent it off really quick, and then promptly forgot about it. About 2-3 months ago I saw the advertisement for the book, it was finally ready for publication. The thought crossed my mind - my recipe must not have been chosen :(

Surprise Surprise - I get home a week or two ago, and in the mail was a package from Covenant Communications........ I couldn't imagine WHAT it could be. When I opened it, I just about FLIPPED. I haven't been that excited in a LONG time. I would have done cartwheels if I still could. I skimmed through the book like a crazy woman - there it was !!


I think what I was most excited about, was that Landon was mentioned. Wondering who the dad was in the story??? Our own Dr. Jess of course :)

4 comments:

Annette said...

I have seen that cookbook at Costo..Congrats!!

CeeJay said...

That is Awesome!! I Skimmed through that cookbook a while ago and didn't even see your name or I would have bought it on the spot! I will have to go buy it now! I figured you would have put in your famous Pizza! and Rog could have entered mac and tomato juice! Ha Ha

Annette said...

Okay..I was in Seagull Book today and saw your recipe..it looks really good..I am getting to know you more and more from this blog..from what I have learned I am impressed with your strong testimony of the gospel..I love being a member of this church it is absolutely amazing..and that you are a real sweetheart...

LyrixAfghans said...

Gwen,
Congratulations on being published! I am going to try your recipe soon.
Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...