Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Little odds and ends

Bexlee came with her daddy to say HI to me at work the other day, on her way to Aunt Kaley's preschool.  She had on her Peppa Pig backpack, makeup on her face, and a wild mass of curls.  She was a little shy around my co-workers, but then warmed up when offered a sucker.  She is SO SWEET. 

The pumpkins and squash are ready to harvest !   We are planning on our harvest party this Saturday at 3pm.  We will gather for homemade chicken noodle soup and rolls, and will gather everything in.  I can't wait.  I hope it's not too cold.  

Landon and Kacey and kids have been having a wonderful Friday night tradition with some of their neighbors.  Steve and Yvonne host a Friday Night Movie Night, complete with snacks and drinks (to buy)  - just like at the movies.  Yvonne is a food blogger (Tried and Tasty), and she comes up with some great things.   The kids have so much fun and look forward to it every week. 

Roger in a tree - picking pears.  That's what's on the docket to can this coming Friday.  We'll see how it goes !!

Our Cam in AZ - miss her ! 

I didn't take this picture, it's from a professional photographer (her son's on Tagg's team).  Look at that CENTER !!  Tagg in action.  Great picture !!

I thought this was fun, and wanted to share. 

This is me - so TRUE

Mom and Dad - sure love them :)

I've done more canning this year than I ever have before.  So far we've done tomato juice, salsa, pickled peppers, dill pickles, spaghetti sauce...........and this weekend I'm planning on green tomato salsa verde, and pears, and we will most likely do more tomato juice before the tomatoes are finished.   WOW !!

Here's a picture that Lance sent Kuk.  He's in Berkeley, and the wild fires are terrible in the area.  

Here's the spaghetti sauce recipe I used.  It is so good. 

Love it when this girl sends me pics.  School and Work are going great for her.  We are hoping to get her up here for a weekend if we can work around everything. 


Payson has started flag football !  It is fun to watch him really get into it.  

Bless his heart, he sure takes it seriously, and hates to lose. 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...