Saturday, September 12, 2020

Labor Day Weekend Fun

We made two batches of salsa - YUM !!

These three were camping with their mom and dad at the Property, and came over to sample the salsa........

.......and we fixed some pancakes.................

........and Payson helped with the salsa

Bright gathered eggs


Another day we had lunch at the Property, and cooked corn from the garden.

Miss Bexlee loved the raspberries

Checked out the pumpkins :)


Everyone wanted a ride on the Vespa


Bex and Bright helped "The Yard Master" Grandpa spread grass in the garden. 

Miss Piggy got the left over corn cobs

Everyone came over for a sleepover !  Even Treyson !! (of course I had to bribe him with NO BAKE COOKIES - haha) 

We had "cardboard" pizza instead of my usual.... Bright is such a good helper 



My good friend Angie sent up some mini pumpkins from her garden, and the girls had a great time painting them. 

They also helped me do my first batch ever, of dill pickles !!

On Labor Day proper, everyone turned out to help The Yard Master

I was called at one point, to BRING LEMONADE !!! - they were too hot :) 




And of course we prepared for the FIRST FREEZE of the season........... but as you know, the wind was so bad, it tore all of the tarps from our tomatoes........ and did a number on the vines, and so the next night (when it was for sure supposed to freeze) - we just said to heck with it.  We picked anything that was remotely pink ..........and you know what?  I don't think the tomatoes were touched !?!?!  I guess we'll have to see.  The vines look like heck, but if all of those green tomatoes turn......... I'll be making more juice !!!  

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...