Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fun times - Day 2

Cam worked with me in the cool morning in the flower beds.  It was a good time to be together and talk.  

A sad thing happened - we found one of our little Banty roosters who had his leg ripped off, and was hurt quite badly.  Something got at it from the outside, and tried to pull it through the chicken wire during the night.  I really think it was a raccoon.  Roger P. came up and took care of the rooster, he was suffering very badly.  Roger D. has set a live catch pen tonight, and hopefully we'll catch the culprit.

Cam sure like the chickens.

We had a great day at the property with my family.  These babies are getting so big, and becoming aware of each other.  

There were water fights galore !

And the kids BEGGED me to get in the creek with them...............so I did !

It was really cold at first, but then I got used to it.  Cam was brave enough to jump off the bridge on the rope swing.  She was so fast, that she just about took my head off, and I ducked almost under the water to avoid her :)

Treyson was a little more cautious.  He didn't want to jump off the bridge, but he would get out on the swing and let me push him.  It's pretty deep since the flooding last year. 

Tagg jumped off the bridge on the rope swing also.  He gritted his teeth, closed his eyes, and you KNEW he was scared to death, but he did it - THREE TIMES !!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...