Sunday, March 6, 2022

Memories - mowing the lawn

Funny story - one I've told before (I think).  We had an old push mower (no self propelled wheels back in my day), and a BIG BACK YARD.  We sure loved that big back yard when it was time to water (flood irrigate), but NOT when it was time to mow.  I remember being mad, not wanting to mow one day, and as I was mowing around, I carved a big "H" in the middle.  "H" for Hell (swear word).  Then when all of the lawn was mowed except for the "H", I mowed it too !  I don't think I ever went and got Mom or Dad and showed them my "rebellion" - haha !!  I just mowed it up, and being "creative" while I mowed, helped ease the pain and boredom of the mowing I guess.........  such a kid !!  

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...