Thursday, November 9, 2017

Sportmanship Award !

While Dad was playing and Mom was working, I took Payson to his basketball game last Saturday.  Just me and the 3 littles.  Fun times.  It was a lopsided game, with the other team scoring 16 points, and Payson's only 5.  He was pretty disheartened, and if any of you know how competitive he is, you can imagine.  Each time another basket was made by the other team, he would grit his teeth, look at me in the stands, and resolutely head to the other end of the court.


At half time, he came over to us, and I thought he would be all dejected, but then he said, "Guess what Grandma?  I know why they are winning...........THEY ARE 7TH GRADERS !!!!"   I got such a kick out of that statement.  Yup, 7th graders playing kindergarteners....... Yup Yup Yup.


At one point after half time, when the other team mistakenly sunk a basket in the wrong goal, he whipped around, face grinning at me, and gave me two thumbs up !  He was STOKED !!

It was a very nice and well deserved surprise when he received the SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD of the GAME.  He totally deserved it.  Such a good kid.   Stay tune in tomorrow's blog post to see what we did AFTER the game !  This Grandma is BRAVE !!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...