Friday, August 18, 2017

Concert Memories

The first concert I ever went to was at the Salt Palace
when I was about 13? years old.




 It was Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods. They sang "Billy Don't be a Hero" - I think it was their one hit wonder (haha). I think (pretty sure) - Christine Nelson Tyrel's mom took us, and Teresa Bond went too (I think).


I didn't see another concert until I went once with Roger before we were married 75-76.......... Can't even remember who we saw. Except I remember smelling Marijuana for the first time at the concert. Dang!?! Who was it? I have no idea...........I'll have to ask him. It was at the Salt Palace too. That is the only venue for concerts when I was growing up. Probably the one I remember most, and loved the most was Eddie Rabbit, in the rain, at the State Fair Park. Manda was only a few months old (April to Sept), and we sat in the grandstand, and listened, and sang, and when he played I LOVE A RAINY NIGHT, it was so awesome because it was raining. There was a couple in front of us who were making out so hot and heavy they had to leave.......... wow !





Early in the 80's we went to 2-3 Alabama Concerts with the Rich's. One was at USU in Logan (The Spectrum?) They were great. Alabama was AWESOME !!


I went to 1-2 Sawyer Brown concerts with Annette in the late 80's early 90's. She was a PRO concert goer, I was not.
Another fun one was Billy Dean at the Dee Event's Center (I think) - Annette and I went and had a great time. Early 90's. I think I got the tickets, something to do with the Utah Association of Counties. We took our moms (Veloy and Colleen) and they sat up in the stands, and we were down on the floor, and then we surged forward (Annette was a pro at doing this), and we ended up right in front of the stage. I remember his guitar player flicked a pick at me (I still have it), and I put my hand on Billy's thigh, and he put his hand on mine...... I remember being nervous that we were going to get trampled and crushed against the stage, and reaching under the fabric on the front of the stage platform and making sure there was a place for me to get to if I needed to.
When Pam Turner was on the Utah State Fair Board, 90-95 era, she had TONS of tickets, and gave them out like candy to us girls in the office. Me and Rog alone, and with the kids got to see Collin Raye (he previewed THAT'S MY STORY for us) AWESOME !!!!!!, and Suzy Boggess, and Diamond RIO AWESOME!!!!!!, and a few others that I can't remember. They were fun times !!!
In my later years........... I've see the Nashville Tribute Band a couple of times (LOVED IT) (once at Tuachan and one at Morgan High) and Collin Raye once again for a fundraiser and Morgan High School for Brennen Trussell.
I wish so badly I would have taken advantage of going to an EAGLES concert (when they got back together).


*I've been writing a bunch of different memories (maybe I'll share some more on this blog) - Ann Cannon (LaVell Edwards' daughter) who is a writer for the SL Trib, and who I follow on FB, sends out a "subject" every day or so.  I stop what I'm doing when I see it, and WRITE.  It's been awesome :)    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...