Saturday, September 7, 2013

Road Trip

We headed out at 8am, and our first stop was Evanston for what else?  Mickey D's breakfast of course :)  Kept heading east on I-80, over the 3 sisters, and taking the Mountain View exit, traveled south to Manila.


Drove around Manila, searching for THIS house.  I finally asked at a gas station, and they pointed me in the right direction.  Turns out, we would have found it anyway, because it was right on the road to Flaming Gorge Reservoir and Dam.  This is an old church which has been converted to a home, and is owned by one of my friends in Morgan.  Unfortunately we missed them with our impromptu visit.  Some guys working on the roof of the garage told us they were in Vernal.  We probably passed them, as we continued on our trip.


Dad and Mom probably haven't been here for 30-40 years.  We were happy to have them along to share our journey :)

Roger D and Me - he's a great guy to go along with my ideas :)

What a BEAUTIFUL sight.  It kind of reminds me of Lake Powell, with different mountains surrounding it. 

We stopped at the overlook, and Ranger Station for lunch.  A quick bite of sandwich and Pepsi, and we were on our way again. 

I have no recollection of this dam from my childhood memories.  We went to Flaming Gorge a few times, but I don't think I ever saw the dam before.

We continued south to Vernal, and then wrapped back around, Duchesne, Heber City, and on to home.  It was a beautiful sunny day until we reached Heber, and then it started to rain.

After 9 1/2 hours, and 420 miles we arrived home, tired but happy.  It was a great day!  Thanks for going Mom and Dad.

Ben & Lu?  It's your turn next time :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...