Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Treasure photo


Kent Rich, Alan Smith, Stuart Waldron, Lee Dickson, Forde Dickson, Norris Dickson, Gary Smith, David Dickson, Bob Brough in front.


I saw this photo for the first time last night. It is a treasure to me! Have you ever come upon a picture of someone you love, that you've NEVER seen before? A surprise picture? This is one of those.

This picture was taken outside of the old Richville Church house, probably between 1953 and 1955. When I was first shown this picture, I didn't realize my dad was in it. I didn't even recognize him! I don't think I've ever seen a picture of him as a teen like this. I love it. My Uncle Norris is in the picture too, and also Kent Rich (I NEVER knew Kent when he had dark hair. You can definately tell that Ryan is his grandson) Forde Dickson is the Bishop in front (dark suit), and Dee Waldron's dad is the older man in front with the red tie. Annette, I believe two of your uncles are there also. I love surprises AND pictures.  Thanks Richard Wiscombe !

**Note - this was the entire? Aaronic Priesthood quorum in the Richville Ward.
**Note - Forde Dickson was my Grandpa Reed's 1st cousin

1 comment:

Gwen said...

** This post was left by
isabella kathleen has left a new comment on your post "Treasure photo":

I found your blog from a cemetary post and wanted to thank you for the work you are doing to add information to the internet. So Thank You! But what a surprise... for me as I looked at your blog and found this "Treasure Photo". It brought back many memories for me as a child going to church in the old Richville meeting house. I remember this bishopric well and watching them conduct meetings as bees & hornets would fly and buzz round through the open windows in the summertime. Sometimes I didn't listen to the talks because I was too worried about getting stung! I knew all but 2 people in the photo. I was 11 when this photo was taken. We don't know each other but we are related. Forde Dickson is my grandfather and I would spend many summers at their house. My name is Kathleen and I am the oldest of his grandchildren. Thanks for posting such a treasue. Do you know of any photos of the old Richville meeting house?

**I accidently deleted it, and thank goodness had it in my email, so I copied and "re-commented" it again.

***Hopefully Kathleen, you will check back on this post/comment, and email me at sled4fun2@hotmail.com. Richard Wiscombe may have some old pics, and I can put you in touch with him via email.

Thanks for commenting ! I usually don't mess them up like I did this one - sorry :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...