Sunday, February 6, 2011

We will miss you Sandy

I was blessed to know Sandy Wilson.  She was a sweetheart, had a heart of gold, and would do anything for anyone.  I worked with her for a couple of years in Young Womens, and these past few years we have taught Sunday School. I taught the 15-16 class, and she taught the 16-17 class. We were right next door to each other.  Many a time we would call each other, and see if one or the other of us would take the others class.   I could always count on her.

Sandy loved her family, she was an awesome wife and mom, and mother to a missionary.  Just last Sunday, she expressed to me how she wanted so badly to come to Envision Your Mission to see the missionary slideshow, with Brock in it.  Instead she traveled to Utah County to support CoyAnn at her dad's viewing.  That was Sandy, she was a good friend, always lending support.

Sandy was taken much too soon.  She will be missed. 



Sandy Wilson, Amy Hansen (Shaw), Carol Brooks, Sherrie Rich, Tracia Francis
Gwen Rich, Gayla Durrant, Lisa Carrigan.
Summer 2004

4 comments:

Felicia said...

I just did a google search and found your blog. Sandy (Sandra as I know her) is my dad's 1st cousin.

My heart is breaking for her family. I am grateful to know that there are good ward members to watch out for them during this difficult time.

Anita said...

Thank you for this beautiful tribute to Sandra. She is my first cousin, the only one near my age and my friend. We are all so sad and will miss her so much.

Brooke M said...

Gwen, your blog is amazing! I wanted to leave a comment about dear, sweet, Sandy! I just love her and she made everyone feel like her best friend! My heart aches for her husband and sweet kids! I will be forever grateful for her Christlike example!

Aimee Ferrin said...

Gwen--also found your blog while doing a Google search for Sandy's obituary. My heart sunk when I heard the news. She was always so kind to me and said "Hi" whenever I saw her. She must have been very needed on the other side to be taken home so soon. I enjoyed reading your tribute to her. Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...