Monday, May 6, 2019

The Living Christ - my participation, such a blessing.

I was blessed to be involved with this presentation
I'm there with the Altos 
We sang wonderful wonderful songs
Look closely - you will see the crown of thorns, the nails and mallet, the whip, and the empty tomb. 
I'm sitting under the arrow - next to one of my best friends, Sherilee Olson
Brother Allen was our conductor - he was magnificent.


I had the opportunity to participate in the choir for the presentation of the Living Christ a musical tribute to our Savior. We have practiced for the past few weeks and it was a two night event the last 2 days.  It was the most wonderful experience, the thing with the choir of that magnitude I have never done before,  led by brother Steve Allen who is such a remarkable person and singing the beautiful songs it was just a really great experience, I'm glad I was able to take advantage of.

The reason I really wanted to do this was because of my love for the document, The Living Christ, which I memorized a few years ago and which this past Christmas I put together a book with the words and pictures. I just really wanted to be a part of this because I knew that if I didn't I would regret it.  I remember years ago in the 1980's going down to the old Tabernacle on Temple Square and listening to my mom and others, other women of the Morgan Utah State who had been invited to participate in a choir.  It must have been for a woman's conference. And I remember feeling regret that I had not taken the opportunity and paid the price to be in this concert and I vowed then that if I ever had the chance to do something like this again that I would do it and I'm so glad that I did.
 I especially appreciated the fact that Roger came to support me (bringing Mom and LuAnn) , and I'm so glad that Zac and CJ were able to bring their boys on the second night and also support me, I was surprised that they came and I so much appreciated it. It was a sacrifice for them, and  I'm the recipient of that love that they show to me and the support they gave to me and  I just can't express how much it meant to me.   Zach I think especially, for some reason which I still cannot fathom, led out and made sure that they were there and I will never forget that. Landon was in Las Vegas, and I didn't expect Kacey to bring the three little kids up all by herself, so I didn't even mention it to her,  but I was so grateful and blessed to be a part of this.

It is a wonderful thing to participating in the days leading up to Easter where we celebrate His sacrifice for us and His resurrection. I'm so grateful for the sacrifice and I've been reading in the scriptures about the last week of His life and through the Come Follow Me program, reading every morning and I just wanted to come to know my Savior more and more, and I know that He loves me and I just want to do everything I can to be able to return to Him. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...