Friday, February 22, 2019

Lincoln Day Dinner - Success !

I've been involved with the Republican Party (Morgan) in working on the committee for the Lincoln Day Dinner.  It was last night, and it turned out really well.

I was in charge of the Veteran's recognition.  I collected pictures and information from 90 Veteran's and their families.

Bob Bell, from River Printing donated the displays.  It saved me SO SO much time and work, and looked SO much more professional that I ever could have made it.

I headed over to the Commons Area at the HS to help set up abou 2:45 pm yesterday.  Got home about 9:30 pm !!!  last night.  I was beat.  Mindy Savage and Tanaeya Nye had the tables looking so spectacular, and all I had to do was place the displays on top.  Easy Peasey.

Dinner was handled by Natasha Plyer, and was a Costa Vida dinner, really yummy !

Lt. Governor Spencer Cox was there, and I had the privilege of introducing him to Mom and Dad, and LuAnn, and Roger.  I really appreciated them being there, and supporting me.  Roger picked them all up, and took them home, and was out of his element, and he does this all for me.  He is THE BEST, and I LOVE HIM!

We had about 102 people there, and the OUR presentation was good.  It went a little long, and we just about FROZE in the auditorium (brrrrrr) but all in all the night was a success.   It was great to work with some people I didn't know before this assignment.  Clark Fowers, Natasha Plyer, and Mindy Savage.  Also, Justin Rees and Tanaeya, who I did know.  Lydia Nuttall, and Mathew Garn also.

Here are some of the pics of people you may know (and that I'm related to :)

Aunt Judy (LuAnn's sister) and her husband Ben, who I think I only met once back in the late 70's 
Uncle Blaine (Mom's brother) 
Uncle Martin (Grandma Tonk's sister (Aunt Jane) husband.
Uncle Keith (LuAnn's Uncle) 
Our own SON IN LAW !  Brendon !
This is what the entire display on each table looked like
Uncle Max (Grandma Tonks' brother) 
Grandpa BEN - (Roger's Dad)
LOVE HIM AND MISS HIM
Uncle Don (Ben's brother)
Uncle Ray (my uncle) 

Here is what I said at the dinner:

It has been my honor and privilege to collect the Veteran information you see displayed here tonight. 
We had 90 profiles submitted by Veterans and their families.
A special thanks is given to Bob Bell, raised here in Morgan, a vet himself, and owner of Riverprint Printing, who donated the displays that you see.
I hope you all had time this evening prior to dinner to browse around and read some of the bios.
We have representation from all branches of service….. from World War I to those presently serving in Afghanistan. 
Some who spent 35+ years in the military, and one who 12 days after enlisting, died of the Spanish Flu while in basic training.
We have those who served in the battles of war, and those who kept the war machine running here at home.
We have POW’s, pilots, sailors, infantry men, nurses, clerks, instructors, dentists, physicians, top turret gunners, MP’s, paratroopers, wagoneers, draftsmen, guards, engineers, truck drivers, gunners, patrol leaders, aircraft repairmen, and the list goes on and on.
Some have paid the ultimate price, protecting the freedoms we enjoy today.
We have Veterans in attendance here tonight.  To all Veterans, we honor you, we remember you, and we THANK YOU for your service.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...