Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Good night

Yes it was........
Bethany cancelled :(..... and I was seriously sad.....
But, that did mean I was able to go with the family to my mom's for dinner.  She really goes out of her way to take care of all of us.  I know it's a lot of extra work, but the love she and Dad have for all of us is evident.
Ham, creamed beans, corn (frozen from Dad's garden), homemade rolls, with butter and jam, augratin  (sp?) potatoes, red jello, with and without mandarin oranges, and of course, pumpkin pie with whipped cream.  Who else's mom makes three pumpkin pies, one for dinner and two to give away, when it's not Thanksgiving??  She. Is. Awesome.

After dinner, we all hung around, and watched the little boys play and squeel, and laugh, and try to walk.  It was so much fun.  It was Thatcher's actual birthday, and he was in FINE FORM.  Payson was all giggly too, and as I bounced them on my knees, singing Pony Boy, and then put them down and they hugged (as well as one year olds can do), I couldn't help but feel so very blessed.
  It was a great night.

After I came home, I helped Annette with Karly's blog.  She went to the MTC today.  She will be a great missionary, and I'll get to help chronicle it ! Yahoo.....you know how I love to blog :)

All in all it was a great evening !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...