Sunday, November 4, 2012

Great Weekend

We were ready to head south to St. George with the boys (Zac and Landon), the wives (CJ and Kacey) and the babies (Payson and Thatcher).  Along the way, plans changed, Payson stayed home with Grandma Carol, and we picked up two tag alongs........Grandpa and Grandma Rich !  
We arrived in St. George on Friday evening, and after picking up race packets at the Dixie Center, we dined at the Outback before heading to Mesquite and Shirlee's condo !  Other than a 20 minute cry fest in traffic/construction mess in the Virgin River Gorge, Thatcher was a complete angel. 
These two surprised everyone, including themselves, when they each placed 2nd in their respective gender/age categories in the Snow Canyon 5K on Saturday morning.  Way to go Kacey and Landon !!
Zac had a PR (personal record) in the half marathon he completed.  CJ completed the 5K also, without any training !!  She's paying for it now, but she STILL beat me by almost 10 minutes.  
Thatch was SUCH a good baby.  He is a sweetheart :)
Here I am right before the race - I'm nervous.  I actually hadn't planned on running, but decided to at the last minute.
It took me about 45 minutes to do the 5K (3.? miles) , which isn't that great, but it was fun, and I hope to do better next time.  I'm going to have to put a list of my races on my "sidebar" like my friend Teresa.  Zac and Landon and the girls were so encouraging, and happy to have me run with them.  Who knows, maybe I will one day do a 1/2 marathon.  A FULL MARATHON seems way too much to dream for.

FYI - Zac and Landon signed up for the St. George Race Series, which guarantees them a spot in the St. George Marathon next year (October 2013).  They have to complete at least two races (in the series), this was the first one, and we'll head down again in January for the 2nd one.  That's when I'll run my next 5K.  Better step up the training !!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...