Thursday, September 25, 2008



I am thankful for today......... Wanna hear about it?? It was totally unusual for me.

1. I didn't work today (Thanks Jenni & Lynne for holding down the fort)
2. Left the house at 7:15
3. Yearly GYNO appointment with a new doctor, because of insurance changes (Thanks council!). Dr. Johanssen is located in the Circle of Life Women's Center. Been there? One word - WOW. Not your usual doctor's office, that's for sure. The front waiting room, seemed more like a ski lodge to me, and they give you PAGERS!?!?!
4. 9am. Head to the Ogden Temple, where I sat in the parking lot and called to get a mammogram appointment.....What? You can get me in at 11 am?? Yahoo! I didn't have time to do an endowment session, so I opted for sealings. It was a great peaceful way to spend about 1 1/2 hours.
5. 11am. Mammogram........ Not too bad, considering.
6. Newgate Mall, to pick up a new cell phone holder for Roger. He broke his (for the 2nd time) yesterday........they are all out, "Come back a 3pm".
7. Call Bonnie Peterson........ "Want to ride to SLC to pick up Landon's package from Peru?"
8. Drive to Kaysville, and sweet Bonnie offers to drive..... thankfully we are saved from Landon's little "beater" :)
9. Drive on the new LEGACY HIGHWAY !!! I was yapping so much, I didn't really observe... apparently I can't talk and look at the same time.
10. 12:30 Arrive at El Inka Market, and get THE PACKAGE !! Woo Hoo !! We open it in the car, and go through everything while driving back to Bountiful. Such treasures !! Seriously....... It was mostly special important papers that Landon wants to keep FOREVER. They still felt damp from the humidity of Lima.
11. Stopped in Bountiful and ate at Paradise Bakery - YUMMY !! I'd never been there before, but it was so good. I will have to remember this place. I saw Brady Jaques there. He is Pam Jaques Allen's son, who went to school with Manda. We chatted for a minute, and he told me his older brother, Cary (who worked for me in the Assessor's office one summer years ago) went to the Peru Lima North Mission also !! Small world. I'll have to call Pam tomorrow. I want to get his email address.
12. Drive back to Kaysville, drop Bonnie off, and head back into Ogden to finish up my shopping list.
13. JoAnn's......... Bought craft stuff to do with Camryn in November when we go down.
14. Sam's.........Plastic cups, napkins, forks, WATER
15. Walmart......... More fabric for my "I Spy" quilt I'm trying to get done (2 of them) for Christmas, Treyson birthday stuff, ice cube trays........ Why ice cube trays you might ask? I mean.... I do have an automatic ice maker in my freezer/fridge, right? WRONG !!!! Didn't I tell you, the RICH LUCK strikes again, and our Freezer BURNED UP (almost literally) in the last power outage last Saturday. I know, I know......... you are thinking it's like my VHS/DVD player huh?.....and not really broken........ Who knows. Birthday cards for Treyson and Zac (We are celebrating their birthdays this weekend)
16. Big 5 (Purchased a big exercise ball)
17. Back to Newgate Mall .........still no cell phone holder :( Rog will have to try again tomorrow.
18. Seagull Book. Man, I could go crazy in that place. Spent too much money.... oh well.... 3 books, 2 gifts, and 10 handouts for my Sunday School class .
19. 6:30 Head for home
20. Stopped at mom's/Zac's.... they are still working on the fence. (Are we surprised?) Zac is taking tomorrow off, and will hopefully get it all ready to do the final pour of the mow strip on Saturday. I suppose we will start putting up the vinyl rails (or what ever they are called) on Saturday afternoon also.
20 1/2. Camryn called and sang Happy Birthday to Treyson - it was just about the cutest thing you have ever heard. I'm going to try and get it recorded, and post a sound file. Too cute !!
21. Came home, bathed Treyson, did dishes, barbecued hamburgers.
22. Sat down at my computer :) Caught up on my blogs..... Talked to Annette.... I'm ready for bed. It was a good day - I was THANKFUL FOR IT !!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Whew! What a day! Don't ya just love days off that you get to spend doing "me things". It sure beats my day long cleaning adventure. Your day was way more fun!

Teresa said...

WOW! What a busy but fun day. I'm jealous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...